Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sometimes you CAN judge a book (or dog) by its cover (or food packaging)!

Ok...I'm starting this post off by telling you that I am NOT amused at some of the goings on here of late. FIRST off...at my last visit to the vet a few weeks ago, I weighed 26 (yeah TWENTY SIX) pounds! Dr. Graves nicely told Mommy that I was too much of a load and that my next bag of Eukanuba should be the WEIGHT CONTROL formula.

This is a good time to show you the packaging on my OLD food.......
Photobucket
See? Normal Eukanuba Adult Small Breed formula has a picture of a cute little Papillion or whatever that little thing is......

Mommy has been telling everyone that she and daddy almost peed themselves laughing when they went to PetSmart to get me this new Weight Control food and saw THIS on the package.......
Photobucket
OMG! A fat Pug!

Photobucket
You gotta be freakin' kidding me with this!!!!

Now I ask you......do I look ANYTHING like this guy???
Photobucket
Come on...I'm WAAAAAAY better looking than this portly fool!!!!

On a good note...my new food is quite tasty! Mom and dad mixed it with my old stuff to get me used to it, but I don't mind it a bit. Hopefully in the next few months, I'll drop a few pounds and be in top form before you know it!

She might even order me some new BEACHWEAR like this guy has on...
Photobucket
HAHAHAHAHAA!

12 comments:

Kelli said...

Hi Salinger!
I saw you on DWB and wanted to stop in and say hello! It so funny that a dog like you is on that special food! You are much more handsome though!
-Tibby
www.tibbytales.blogspot.com

Archie and Melissa said...

haaaahaaa!
s-dog you crack me up! i almost peed my pants too watching you read the bag.
omg!
you are a perfect pug!
xo
m

Kelly said...

Salinger! I have been away for TOO long! I have been catching up on all of your shenanigans!

I should tell you that Momma has me on Weight Smart food, too. It has taken about 2 lbs off me, but no one except for Momma can really tell. I am currently around 21 lbs, and my vet wants me to be 18! 18?!? Can you believe that?! What will happen to my neck rolls and my chubby tummy? :(

Hope you are having a happy new year!

Nevis said...

Salinger! Baahahaha! You crack me up. But, no, seriously, I don't think 26 lbs is really fat for a pug. Do you have a small frame?

Unknown said...

uh oh, Salinger! It looks like you need to join our resolution team! I wish humans could just eat food out of a bag like that and automatically lose weight....no, I don't actually, because the possibility of brie and cabernet being in that bag is pretty slim. Damn it!!

Libby's Library said...

Salinger I've had my pug,George, on a diet off and on since he was a year old. I think that he would be so much better off if he could exercise more, but with his heart condition - he just can't do much. (Yeah - that's why I look the way that I do...I can't exercise, as I must sit quietly with puppy in my lap!:)
Your pictures are just toooooo funny!

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

Don't worry, Salinger. My vet keeps telling me that I am fat, too but I just think she is jealous because in our case
"chubby = cute"!!!

Becky said...

Fuji thinks you are a very handsome fellow, all the more to love! As bad as I hate to say it, the vet knows best. Good luck on your new eating habits.

The Devil Dog said...

Hi Salinger, we bet you won't even notice that you are losing weight, your food is so tasty. Your mom only wants what is best for you, you should be happy she loves you so much.

Roxy

PS you are MUCH better looking than the dog on the bag.

Life With Dogs said...

26 pounds eh? 70 more and you'll catch Truffles!

BevAndBailey said...

OMIGOSH Salinger you just make me laugh!!!! I'm going to send a link to your post to all my buddies in Eukanuba marketing.

You are waaayyyyyyy more handsomer than that Pug on the bag!! And I find it hard to believe that you need to lose weight. Maybe the vet tech had a thumb on the scale when you were weighed...

Unknown said...

This is Elliott from Eukanuba. I'm a marketing guy.

Hilarious post! Salinger is the coolest Eukanuba dog I've seen in months.

I hope the weight control formula works for the family. Keep us posted.

ps. My dog Benny (3/4 pug) would love playing tug of war with Salinger.