Sunday, January 18, 2009

FUN weekend!

Hi everyone! I had the BEST time this weekend! My buddy Pugsley came over to play with Maggie and I!

Mommy made some new treats for us (recipe at the end!). They were APPLE CINNAMON and very yummy!
Photobucket
That's Maggie, Pugsley in the middle and ME (not exhibiting good manners in this picture!).


We had a really fun time making a PUG PILE on top of our moms!
Photobucket
That's my mom on the left (Laura) and Pugsley's mom (Heather) on the right.


HAHAHA...I have googly puggy eyes in this picture!
Photobucket


THEN...things started to get out of control (like they tend to do when Pugsley is here!)
Photobucket


Good grief! Cover your eyes everyone!!!
Photobucket


Perhaps it was the treats.......hmmmmmmm.

Here is the recipe. It's sort of a ballpark recipe...mom just dumps stuff in until it looks "right". Sometimes it works out pretty well, other times...not so much!

Apple Cinnamon Puggy Cookies

1 whole apple, grated (skin and all...just fish the seeds out)
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
between 1/2 and 3/4 cup water
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix it together until it forms a stiff dough (add more flour or water as you need). Roll out on a floured counter/board and roll to around 1/4 inch thick and cut out in various shapes. Bake on parchment lined cookie sheets on 350 for 1/2 hour to 45 minutes until crunchy.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Hello!
It sounds like you had a great time with your friends! I hope my owners will make that yummy treat for me!
-Tibby

The Devil Dog said...

What great photos. It looks like you all had a ball. Apple cinnamon? Yummy!

Roxy

Archie and Melissa said...

what a great puggy party you all had!
your cookies look wonderful!
xo
m & e

Anonymous said...

Those apple cinamon treats sound awfully yummy! I may have to try those some time..

I am hoping it is nothing serious but his poor little ankle/paw area is all swollen.

Kristi Logan said...

Oh my gosh, what a big ole' group of cuteness!!!